Thursday, November 30, 2006

What Time Is It?

GAMETIME!

Four hours & counting. I was able to play some ball Tuesday night on a very slippery court, but I did learn some things.
  • I will not be able to shoot accurately without warming up first. Hence, I will be at the gym an hour early tonight.
  • I've confirmed that I'm horribly out of shape. I will spend a lot of time sitting back on defense tonight.
  • I need to find a way to stop thinking about my knee while playing. I'm sure this will take time, but it's a pretty significant psychological hurdle. How football players can come back & play after knee surgery is beyond me.
  • I think my extra girth will help me rebound. That was the one thing I did consistently well Tuesday.
  • My reaction time needs to catch up. I blocked a couple shots, but I should've had a bunch more. By the time my body reacted to what my brain told it to do (JUMP!!), the play was long since over.

Our captain picked kelly green jerseys for us, which match nothing that I own. I bought navy blue sneakers last weekend, figuring they match 90% of my attire, which is UConn National Flag blue & white.

I also couldn't get #12, which wasn't available. I went with #21, which is 12 in the mirror & a tribute to Roberto Clemente.

No comments: