Friday, January 19, 2007

Finally Friday

- Even though it was a short week, it seemed like it took forever for today to arrive. I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend of playing some Rainbow 6: Vegas tonight, sleeping in tomorrow, attending the Indiana/UConn game, maybe catching "Letters from Iwo Jima" (it's finally playing around here) & enjoying Sunday with Payton.

(BTW, I'm completely hooked on Rainbow 6: Vegas. It is an awesome game, even without the breathtaking vistas of Las Vegas. It makes my previous addiction, SOCOM on the PS2, look like an Atari 2600 game.)

- Speaking of the 2600, look for my Top 20 Atari 2600 games list sometime later today or tomorrow.

- The other night, I followed the instructions found here to convert a DVD to an iPod video. My first choice? "Anchorman" of course! It didn't take that long & it doesn't take up much space on the iPod. I'm excited about this new option I have for the iPod.

- It FINALLY snowed yesterday/this morning. Not enough to get too excited about, but it's still snow.

- Even though I can't play basketball, I need to keep exercising. I'm in a weight-loss competition at work & last year, I didn't do so hot. In fact, I gained weight. However, I wasn't exercising because I was still recovering from my last knee surgery. This year, thanks to playing hoop twice a week, I dropped six pounds the first week & two more this past week. I can't get that good basketball workout in, but I've been swimming. I managed 15 laps last night. I'm also eating like a rabbit, which isn't fun. Hopefully I can represent a little better this year.

- Another great episode of The Office last night, but that's expected. I also watched my first episode of My Name is Earl. It was okay. It's not must-watch like The Office, but there were a couple of funny lines. It's not even close to being in the same league as The Office.

- As much as I hate Peyton Manning, I'll be rooting for the Colts this weekend & think they will pull it off. I'll also be pulling for the Saints, but I think the Bears will prevail in that matchup.

No comments: